Labor Lawyers for Construction Workers
Businesses involved in the construction industry regularly cheat construction workers out of all of the wages and benefits they are entitled to under California state labor laws and federal employment laws under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Whether they are engaged in the activities of new construction or reconstruction, the repair or renovation of existing commercial or residential structures, as well as roadway and bridge construction, construction workers have labor rights and the law on their side.
Construction workers typically perform job duties such as painting, sandblasting, tuckpointing, roofing, guttering, spouting, water well drilling, installation of flooring and landscaping. Employers in California often times attempt to cheat these construction workers out of the wages and benefits that construction employees are entitled to by state labor laws and regulations.
CALL (800) 568-8020 FOR FREE LEGAL ADVICE
The overtime law lawyers of Blumenthal, Nordrehaug & Bhowmik are known throughout the state of California- from San Diego to the San Francisco Bay area- as being the premier wage and hour employee litigation law firm. We have significant experience representing workers in cases arising from illegal employer pay practices. In the construction industry, employers regularly violate state pay laws by:
- Failing to record all hours actually worked including working before or after the shift
- Shorting hours by using terms such as down time or rain delay
- Not compensating construction workers for mandatory labor law breaks where the employee is not completely relieved of all duties to enjoy uninterrupted time for the meal
- Banking of overtime hours or payment of overtime in the form of “comp time”
- Failing to combine hours worked for overtime purposes by an employee in more than one job classification for the same employer within the same workweek
- Failing to segregate and pay overtime hours on a workweek basis when employees are paid on a bi-weekly or semi-monthly basis
- Failing to pay for travel time from shop to work-site and back
FREE LEGAL ADVICE - NO WIN NO FEES
At Blumenthal, Nordrehaug & Bhowmik, our experienced California employment law attorneys represent construction workers who have been wrongfully terminated in violation of public policy. Construction workers often work long hours under strenuous conditions and when they complain about such harsh working condition, construction companies are known to retaliate against the workers by firing or demoting them in violation of state labor laws.