Overtime Pay Lawyers
Over $150 Million in Overtime Wages Recovered for Employees
Call (866) 883-3662 for Free Overtime Advice in California
If your current or former employer violated your rights to overtime pay, contact an overtime attorney at Blumenthal, Nordrehaug & Bhowmik in California. With overtime law offices in San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco, our labor lawyers have helped thousands of employees throughout the entire state recover backpay and penalties for overtime wage & hour violations. Our lawyers have significant experience and a proud track record of success in actions involving:
- Fair Labor Standards: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) provides double damages for employees when employers violate overtime laws More>
- California Labor Code: The California labor code requires overtime when employees work more than 40 hour weeks AND 8 hour days More>
- Unpaid Overtime: Failing to pay employees additional wages for working overtime is illegal and can lead to big liability for companies More>
- Working Off The Clock: Failing to pay employees for overtime hours worked off the clock violates California labor laws and the FLSA More>
- Regular Rate of Pay: Employers frequently violate overtime laws by miscalculating the employee’s regular rate of pay for overtime.
- Mandatory Overtime: While employers are allowed to enforce mandatory overtime, employees must be paid for all the hours worked at 1.5 x the rate.
- Labor Board v. Attorney: Hiring an employment lawyer for your overtime claim is beneficial for many reasons, including damages available under FLSA.
- Exempt vs. Non-Exempt: Contact our overtime attorneys today for free advice on whether or not your are exempt from overtime pay. More>
- California Salary Laws: The biggest misconception in California is that a salary means no overtime, because the key inquiry is all about the employee’s job duties.
Overtime Awards for Our Clients
Our overtime attorneys have obtained over $150 million in awards for our clients in actions involving overtime pay wages, including:
- Over $5.5 million in overtime wage awards for laboratory technicians
- Over $9 million in awards for unpaid vacation time
- Over $22 million in awards for Computer Employees
- Over $7 million in awards for missed employment law breaks
- Over $7 million in awards for unreimbursed business expenses
- Over $4 million in awards for customer support reps
- Over $10 million in awards for employees working off the clock
- Over $6 million in awards for call center support